RE: [css3-*] Defining support for the inherit keyword

[Peter Moulder:]

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:53:07PM +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> >
> > [Tab Atkins Jr.:]
>
> > > I really don't want every property to have to include " | inherit |
> > > initial" in its value definition.
> > >
> > If they are valid values of the property, I really couldn't care less
> > about saving you
> > 2 seconds of copy/paste time per property ...
> > 'Nothing because I'd rather do a little less work' is not acceptable
> though.
>
> I didn't see Tab or anyone else complain about the effort involved for
> spec editors: Tab's words could just as well be read as an opinion that
> it's easier for readers if readers don't have to check for each property
> whether 'inherit' or 'initial' are valid values.

Then he should say that. Inherit is specified across CSS2.1 and many other
modules. Have there been complaints about it? Assuming that spec readers -
especially the implementers among them - prefer information to be distributed
across more documents than necessary is certainly not supported by the evidence
which motivated this thread.