Re: [css3-*] Defining support for the inherit keyword

* Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>One major CSS3 module [1] starts with the following statement:
>
>"All properties defined in this specification also accept the inherit keyword as their
>property value, but for readability it has not been listed explicitly."
>
>Others, [2][3] include inherit in the syntax definition of each property.
>
>An increasing number of modules appear to do neither [4][5][6] do not. This is causing some
>confusion as there is no way to tell whether this is deliberate or not.
>
>My preference is for the simple, unambiguous approach followed by Color [2] and Fonts [3].

This is likely another consequence by relying on CSS3 modules in some
places while relying only on CSS21 in others as CSS21 lists it for each
property. For CSS3 the idea was that there would be other values that
can be used for all properties like 'initial', 'calc', 'attr', and if
they are listed for each and every property the grammar becomes indeed
unreadable. There could be a compromise to list, say, <generic-values>,
but that would not necessarily lead to less confusion (as there would
not be a single place that fully expands the macro at the moment).