Re: Comments from PFWG on CSS3 Speech Module

On 15 Oct 2011, at 02:35, fantasai wrote:
> Hm, I'd say, if there isn't a use case, and it seems likely to have
> implementation and/or usability issues, and nobody has expressed a
> desire to have it, then it seems fair to drop it until someone
> requests it. We can copy the spec prose from the LC into a later
> spec if it turns out it's needed. What do you think?

(CC Voice-Browser group)

I assumed that the "at-risk" status was the most appropriate device to ensure that unwanted features do not end-up cluttering the final specification. The 'voice-duration' property has been in the CSS Speech drafts for a very long time [1], and it corresponds to a "non-disputed" feature in SSML. I wonder if removing it at this stage of the design process is judicious. Wouldn't running the course "as normal" be equally effective? (i.e. CR references implementations, or lack thereof)

/Daniel

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-speech-20030514/#voice-duration-props