Re: [css3-animations] Why does 'animation-iteration-count' accept negative values?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:32:04 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:00:50 +0100, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 15, 2011, at 2:06 pm, L. David Baron wrote:
>>
>>> Why does 'animation-iteration-count' accept negative values?
>>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-animations/#the-animation-iteration-count-property-
>>>
>>> It's more typical for CSS properties where negative values don't
>>> make sense to require that negative values be a parse error, rather
>>> than to require that they clamp to zero.
>>
>> This looks like an oversight. I'll fix.
>
> When this gets fixed, I think 'animation-duration' should get a similar
> treatment.

Hm, would need to pay attention to the 'animation' shorthand then, though.
It currently says to treat the first <time> as an 'animation-duration',
but in e.g. "animation: foo -1s 1s" that wouldn't be possible.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA