From: Brian Kardell
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 7:01 AM
To: Rudolph Gottesheim
Cc: Øyvind Stenhaug ; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: Selecting the parent of an element

I expected that the following would work:

.form-row:focus{...}

I have to admit that it threw me for a loop because I have never tried it and when I did I was surprised to see that it didn't since it is part of the action pseudo classes along with hover and active both of which will work because your child being hovered/active means that you are too... Can someone explain why focus is different?  Am I missing something in the spec that would indicate that difference?

-Brian