Re: [css3-animations] display:none, visibility:hidden and animations

On 10/6/11 8:26 PM, Shane Stephens wrote:
> Whatever optimizations are made in the presence of a "display: none" subtree can
> continue to be made, with the results applying to animation state

The problem is that the optimizations include "don't determine
'animation-name'".

> then directly animated properties on B should
> report with their current interpolated values when I call
> getComputedStyle.

Interpolated between what and what?  When should the animation be
considered as starting?

> Basically I would propose that under the influence of "display: none"
> animations should continue to run and be allowed to start and stop.

The starting and stopping is the problem.

> (2) there are no unexpected performance overheads when running display:
> none animations

But there are.  If you want to determine the value of 'animation-name',
you have to perform selector matching on the descendants of the
display:none node.

-Boris