RE: [css3-writing-modes] The original issues of font-dependent glyph orientation

> Looking at the current 'vert' lookups, the entries that are not for T
> characters are not doing more than rotating the glyphs; in other word,
> even if that feature existed today, it seems that the existing fonts
> would not use it.

This is one of the points I'm not sure today and I want to make sure.

I'm having some conversations with some font designers and here're some questions I've got:
1. Does this affect vhal/valt[1]? There might be some fonts that use GPOS in these features.
2. Some hand-writing-style fonts use different glyphs for vertical flow. I'm asking which code points, and possibly an example font. So, as fantasai said, such fonts will not work if we don't apply 'vert' to U code points, right?
3. Are U+201C/201D T?

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_uz.htm

Regards,
Koji