RE: [css3-animations] display:none, visibility:hidden and animations

[Boris Zbarsky:]

> On 10/3/11 11:41 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > Note that animating to/from display:none was not the original question
> > (though it's also worth discussing).
> > The question is: given animations applied to element E and/or its
> > descendants, what is the effect of making E display:none on these
> > animations ?
>
> OK; that's a very different question from the one I was worrying about,
> which was "Can a page start an animation on an element that is
> display:none or on its descendants?"....
>
> -Boris
Actually, that is also part of the question so allow me to expand on the issues
I'd like to resolve:

1. Given an animation A currently running on E, what is the effect on A of giving E
display:none ?
2. Given an element E with display:none, what is the effect of applying an animation
A to E ? What happens when E is given non-none display after A is applied ? Specifically,
when the element is given a visible display less t seconds of the animation being applied,
with t being the animation's duration ?
3. Given an animation A currently running on a descendent of E, what is the effect on A of
giving E display:none ?
4. Given an element E with display:none, what is the effect of applying an animation
A to a descendant of E ? What happens when E is given non-none display after A is applied?
Specifically, when the element is given a visible display less than t seconds of the animation
being applied, with t being the animation's duration ?

Does that make sense ? And am I missing other interesting cases ?

Same 4 questions for visibility but there seems to be consensus in this case that there is no
difference between visibility:hidden and visibility:visible.