Re: Paged UIs a la Mobile Navigation

Henri Sivonen wrote:

 > Speaking of page change gestures in Opera Reader, I found myself
 > wishing for a "tap the right edge of the page to move to next page"
 > interaction that's available in many paged ebook readers.

Yes, it would be nice to provide this UI.

 > The other feature I felt was missing was an overflow indicator when
 > there is a next page.

That's provided if one of the "controls" keywords are used. And, a
simple DOM allows developers to write their own controls. We recently
published a page that provides the customary "dots" interface:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2011/reader/ex/ex-js-dots.html

 > In general, I like Opera Reader a lot and can't wait for paged
 > overflow to become an unprefixed interoperable part of the Web
 > platform.

Thanks! I like it, too :)

-h&kon