Re: [css3-lists] upper-hexadecimal vs. hexadecimal & text-transform

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:34:03 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Of the remaining, in Chrome the manual ::before-based ones respect
> text-transform.  The ones that use normal markers and put
> text-transform on the list or list-item don't, but I suspect that's
> because we manually reference a shortlist of properties when
> generating the markers manually, and text-transform isn't on that
> list.  When they become "real" pseudo-elements as ::marker, they
> should receive all the properties through inheritance like normal.
> Firefox and Opera are the same, but IE honors text-transform in all
> the cases it can (just not when it's specified on ::marker, again
> because that's not yet recognized).

In a somewhat recent list marker fixup (should be present in Opera Next)
we actually consciously avoided inheriting things like text-transform
because we figured it would be unexpected to have e.g.
list-style:lower-roman overridden by text-transform:uppercase.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA