Re: New ::first-page pseudo-element

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

 > Another issue: currently the columns spec says "All column boxes in a
 > multi-column element are in the same stacking context and the drawing order
 > of their contents is as specified in CSS 2.1." If you can style columns
 > individually then I assume that would no longer be the case. Regions
 > probably breaks that too.

Yes. If you turn columns in to positioned regions, you'd expect
z-index to work, too.

 > That means if you have an element that creates a stacking context (either
 > explicitly, using z-index, or implicitly, using opacity or filter etc), and
 > it breaks across columns (or regions), and the columns (or regions) aren't
 > adjacent in z-order ... we have a problem.

Can't we just consider the various parts of the element to behave as
separate elements?

A related issue: It's still not clear to me how elements inside
regions inherit. Say, you set this on a region:

  font-size: 20px;

and inside the region, a div with this rule appears:

  font-size: 1.2em

What is the 1.2em computed wrt.? The structural parent or the region?

-h&kon