Re: [css-animations] reverse animation-direction

On May 5, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Dean Jackson wrote:

>>> You'd need 4 values for animation-direction if you were to do this (each combination of the existing 'alternate' and your 'reverse'):
>>>
>>> normal
>>> alternate
>>> normal-reverse
>>> alternate-reverse
>>
>> Indeed, that sounds perfect.
>>
>> So, no one else is interested on this one? It's a simple modification, but it just makes sense to add those, and it wouldn't break anything.
>
> I think this is ok and worth adding.
>
> On a more general topic, the WG needs to decide if/when to publish a new draft and at what time we start locking down features so we can move towards CR. We now have two engines in the wild with a fairly good overlap.
>
> Dean

The normal-reverse may be a bit confusing. I would recommend these four values:

normal -  the animation cycle iterations are always from 0% to 100%
reverse - the animation cycle iterations are always from 100% to 0%
alternate -  the animation cycle iterates from 0% to 100% on odd iterations and 100% to 0% on even iterations
alternate-reverse - the animation cycle iterates from 100% to 0% on odd iterations and 0% to 100% on even iterations

I think many, many people would like to see this added to the specification. I would have been able to use this in several of my projects. As it stands now, instead i have always written my keyframe declarations twice: once in normal order and once in reverse.

-Estelle
http://www.standardista.com