Re: Radial Gradients and background-repeat (Was Re: Automatic spec annotations)

Brad Kemper

On May 14, 2011, at 4:40 AM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm not getting how that relates to my point, which I'll reiterate more explicitly:
>
> With existing (CSS3) background properties, AFAIK there is no way to simulate what repeating-radial-gradient offers.  As such the note should be amended to explicitly refer to linear gradients, or clarify how repeating-radial-gradients can be simulated with background-repeat more explicitly.

I thought I had answered that. The note was meant to imply that both were unnecessary. Repeating-linear-gradient is unnecessary because 'background-repeat' can handle most use cases with less redundancy, and repeating-radial-gradients never seemed to have a strong use case at all.

I would agree that if we need one enough, we should have the other too. And if we cut one (repeating-linear), we should cut the other (repeating-radial).