Radial Gradients and background-repeat (Was Re: Automatic spec annotations)

On 11/05/2011 5:02 AM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> Speaking of background-repeat vs. repeating- …
>

> # Repeating gradients could potentially be done by hooking into
> ‘background-repeat’,
>
> This line in the spec needs updating so that it explicitly refers to
> *linear* gradients.  Unless there’s some cool way to use
> background-repeat (a rectangular tile model) with radial gradients
> (circular model).
>

> • Brian

Repeating radial gradients are far better when wanting to create a
metallic look.

http://css-class.com/test/css/3/gradients/radial-gradients-repeat1.htm

Upon looking at the specs [1], I have accidentally experimented with
ellipses without realizing it and I find that repeating radial gradients
with ellipses make better affects. Being able to have multiple layers,
some rotated and some not would really make some interesting affects.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#radial-gradients

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/