Re: Using CSS Transitions/Animations with SVG attributes

On 19 Mar 2011, at 09:45, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> For the use-case of an animated vector image (like those ubiquitous
> Flash ads), I do not want to see all the animation stored in a style
> sheet. It belongs in the content.

I agree that this makes more sense for SVG. I should point out that
for HTML, there's an implementation of SMIL Timesheets that supports
external "sheets" (HTML content is referenced via selectors), as well
as inline attributes (directly in the markup). The implementation
proposes some pretty useful additions to the current W3C Timesheets
standard, which I am sure will make their way into a future revision
of the specification.

Take a look at this Timesheet example, it is a mashup of declarative
timing, CSS transitions, SVG-based UI, etc.:

http://wam.inrialpes.fr/timesheets/annotations/audio.html

Below is a quote of my previous email regarding the use of SMIL for
basic HTML timing and synchronization.

Regards, Dan