Re: line-height limitations

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2011, at 4:59 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You presume to know what I want?
>>>
>>> First lines are not the only lines to get messed up in spite of consistent line-heights on the whole block.
>>
>> I presume to know what *Hyatt* wants, and your solution was
>> insufficient for that for the reason I mentioned.
>>
>> (Also, that was a general "you", not a specific "you as in Brad".  Sorry.)
>
> It was my email that you replied to and said "no" to. It was insufficient for the reason I mentioned.

...yes?  You were offering up a solution to Hyatt's problem, unless I
massively misread your email.  I pointed out how your proposed
solution was insufficient to solve the problem, because it would lead
to the the line-height calculations completely ignoring the fact that
the first letter was extra-large, which means that the first letter
might be smushed up against or overlap the padding/border of the
element.