RE: Definition and index entry for "in-flow"

On  Friday, September 10, 2010 6:41 AM Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
> The term "in-flow" is used repeatedly, but I can't find a definition anywhere.
> I suggest appending something at the end of item 1 of 9.3
> (<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#positioning-scheme>). For
> instance, something along the lines of
>
> "Boxes in normal flow, and elements whose boxes are all in normal flow, are
> by definition /in-flow/."
>
> (I don't know if this definition is actually accurate.)
>
> And then make sure it has an entry in the index.

Thank you for your feedback. The CSSWG has addressed your concerns in the upcoming publication of the CSS 2.1 specification[1].

The CSSWG resolved to  make in-flow mean not out-of-flow.

We hope this closes your issue.

Please respond before 18 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS