Re: [css3-flexbox] other misc typos in latest flexbox editor's draft

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hi www-style,
>
> Here are a few other minor typos / issues I noticed when going over the
> latest flexbox editor's draft[1]:
>
>  * 5.1. Resolving Flexible Lengths:
>  "Conversely, each flexbox item‘s’ vertical margins,"
>  --> The second apostrophe wants to go away. ('each' is singular, so we want
> a singular possessive --> item's)

Fixed in a previous edit (you brought this up in a private email that
I sat on for a while).

>  * 5.2. The ‘fr’ unit
>  "The ‘fr’ unit, defined in the Values and Units spec [CSS3VAL]"
>  --> That unit isn't actually defined (or mentioned at all) in the CSS3VAL
> page that this links to.[2]  This probably wants to link somewhere else...?

Hm, yeah.  It's defined in the ED.  For now, I think I'll leave it as
it is and just assume that we'll publish a new WD of Values soon.  The
bibliography entry will then be updated, which will change the
reference the next time I generate the spec.

>  * 6. The ‘flex-pack’ property
>   "end [...] The first packing space (between the edge of
>    the flexbox and the margin of the first flexbox item )"
>  --> stray space character before close-paren
>
>  * 8. Free Space Calculation and Distribution
>   "flex tuple [...] containing a minimum size, a maximum size,
>    a preferred size, a positive flexibility, and a negative
>    flexibility."
>    [...continuing from a bit lower down in 8.1...]
>    "2. Resolve all relevant lengths [...] into flex tuples of
>    [preferred size, minimum size, maximum size, positive flex,
>     negative flex]."
>  --> The tuple orderings disagree here, on where "preferred size" goes. (not
> a big deal, as the orderings aren't normative -- just a consistency thing.)
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Holbert
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/ - dated 14 June 2011 (today)
>  (sorry, I forgot to include this [1] citation in my previous email)
>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-values-20060919/

Fixed, thanks!