Re: [css3-speech] reading list-style markers

On 06/13/2011 09:20 PM, Daniel Weck wrote:
> Fantasai, would you like to follow-up on Charles' updated proposal "user-agent should announce the nesting depth of list items
> in some implementation-specific manner"?
> Or do you mean by "have the option of formatting them differently" that you recommend completely removing the "nesting depth"
> requisite, and not requiring any additional speech output than the list item marker itself?
> Obviously we could consider an additional CSS-Speech property to allow authors to toggle on/off structural announcements (i.e.
> speech output not directly inferred by document text), but I'm not sure this is a good idea given the wide array of possible
> cue combinations that can be generated when navigating list / table structures.

It should be a UA decision of whether and how to indicate nesting structure,
and the user should be able to control that. We can suggest indicating the
nesting level as something to consider, but making it a testable requirement
is imo overreaching what CSS Speech should be doing. This is not a usability
spec. It's a technology spec.

~fantasai