Re: [css3-speech] reading list-style markers

> On 6 Jun 2011, at 23:06, Belov, Charles wrote:
>>
>> Even if CSS does not dictate how to read the different levels,
>> I'd still like to see something explicitly requiring or at least
>> recommending that the user-agent allow the user to differentiate
>> beginnings and endings of levels in some manner.
>>
>> "For these list item styles, the user-agent defines (possibly
>> based on user preferences) what equivalent phrase is spoken or
>> what audio cue is played. List items with graphical bullets
>> are therefore announced appropriately in an implementation-
>> dependent manner."]
>>
>> does not appear to reference levels at all.

I added:
"For hierarchical lists structures, it is recommended that user-agents
announce the nesting depth of list items."

...which I think is loose-enough to cover various begin/end
announcement styles for list items.

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#lists

Thoughts welcome!
Dan