Re: [css3-animations] Effect of display:none and visibility:hidden on animations

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Your proposal suggests to me that we’re missing an animation API. Authors
> shouldn’t have to monkey around with display and create display:none frames
> for the purpose of achieving synchronization. To be more specific, I would
> like scenarios like these to be addressed as part of proposals such as
> Dean’s here http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Apr/0058.html.

I strongly agree.  I don't think it's worthwhile to do any more with
animation synchronization in CSS than we already do.  More complex
synch cases should be done in JS with an API built for that purpose,
that lets you explicitly chain animations end-to-end, make multiple
animations start at the same time, etc.