Re: [css3-lists] Published as WD!

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:02:54 +0200, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin
<aharon@google.com> wrote:

> I've just re-read the current (dated July 14) lists module spec after
> a long hiatus and am trying to make sure I understand what the bottom
> line is re mixed-direction lists. Please correct me where I go wrong.
>
> 1. For a list-item-position:outside list item, the content of a marker
> is in a separate paragraph for bidi purposes. Its paragraph direction
> is taken from the list container's direction.

The spec seems to be missing details on how this is supposed to work.

> 2. For a list-item-position:outside list item, the marker box is
> horizontally flush against one side of the list item box. It is the
> "start" side relative to the list container's direction. Thus, the
> list item's text-align affects the position of both the list item and
> the marker.

The way I read it text-align just affects the text in the list item itself
(or rather, the alignment of inline boxes in the lineboxes contained by
the list-item's principal box, or something like that). Not the /position/
of the list item or the marker.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA