Re: [css3-text] Emphasis marks position in Traditional Chinese

Hi there :)

To answer your question:

1) NDAP/TELDAP program have not yet formed any project-wide rule on
presentation of these punctuations. I'd never seem a original document
with emphasis dots, but *I believe* if they do exist, they will be
enclosed with <strong> in the digitized text we received from the
museums. I will ask for my colleagues for conformation. Our team
usually choice the best representation we could get on current browser
and devices; in this case, we leave them as bold-faced text.

2) As I implied above, NDAP is a project with co-operation of many
institute and museums. If you want to ask "does modern Chinese in
Taiwan put emphasis dots on top or below", eventually it's possible to
found an example from one of the institute. Yet, I have no idea how
long it's gonna take, or even if it will be helpful or not, since most
of the books are classical Chinese, or pre-WWII ones that follows
Japanese formatting.

Tim Chien
CITI, AC