Re: [css3-flexbox] intuitivity and width computation rules

On 1/12/11 6:16 PM, Rob Crowther wrote:
> On 12/01/11 22:25, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> In that case you need to say what width that is, no? This testcase ....
>> doesn't.
>>
> I know talking about intuition is dangerous in that it's always
> something personal, but the reason I'm trying to use something called a
> 'flexbox' is because I want the width to be flexible. Being required to
> set a fixed width on a flexible box seems at least somewhat
> counter-intuitive to me.

Well, sure (apart from the odd focus about what things are named).  You
want the width to be flexible, but Daniel, in his post, was saying he
wants the width to not change no matter what the contents of the box are.

So how about we take a step back.  What problem are we trying to solve
here (not in the spec; the question is what sort of layout behavior we
are trying to achieve)?

-Boris