Re: [css3-flexbox] intuitivity and width computation rules

On 1/12/11 5:37 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Here's a good example:
>
> http://glazman.org/forCSSWG/flexbox-test.html
>
> (use Firefox4 beta or WebKit)
>
> Nobody - except the CSS WG itself and I'm not even sure - will ever
> understand why the paragraphs make the first flexing box of the second
> section grow...

Uh... it's really not that hard.

The testcase doesn't specify any widths for any of the boxes.  So they
all end up using shrink-wrap sizing.  If there's any space left over
after that, it's allocated proportionally to the box-flex values.

> But more important, nobody will ever understand what needs to be done
> to work around this, i.e. go back to the behaviour all web designers
> expect: the first box of the first and second sections should have
> same width whatever the content.

In that case you need to say what width that is, no?  This testcase ....
doesn't.

-Boris