Re: [CSS3] support for linear-gradients & radial-gradients

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Irfan Mir <theirf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm well what are the statuses that a proposed idea can be at-- I am assuming last call is towards the middle of the ranks / statuses and recommended is the final status?
> Also, I apologise if this sounds impatient, but I want to be prepared; therefore, does anyone know if there is a time line or schedule for when css images level 3 will reach last call status or any of the other statuses? Or even when it reached any status it may have even already surpassed.'

The statuses go, in order from least mature to most mature:

Editor's Draft (ED)
Working Draft (WD)
Last Call for Comments (LC)
Candidate Recommendation (CR)
Proposed Recommendation (PR)
Recommendation (REC)

By long tradition, browsers use vendor prefixes if they're
implementing a spec that is less than CR, as that's the point where
it's mature enough to be called "finished", at least provisionally.

There is no timeline for Image Values, though I expect it to progress
at a relatively decent clip.