Re: [css3-text] New WD of CSS Text Level 3

Hi Xaxio,

I think of "script" as "a collection of characters used for languages that
share characters and a general writing system." See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_system or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_writing_systems

English, Spanish and German are all languages written with the Latin script.
This is why common character sets for western European languages have names
like "Latin-1" etcetera.

The Latin script is quite reasonably listed in the "discrete scripts" group.
Languages written with the Latin script all use spaces in between words, and
do not require connections between letters (like, say, Arabic does). That
defines the group.

Cheers,

--
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone,
 somewhere, may be happy.”