Re: [css3-images][css3-background] Specify "CSS View Box" in B&B

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [Leif Arne Storset:]
>> Reading [1] and a message from 2009 [2], it seems the intention is that
>> when scaling gradients using background-size, B&B's "intrinsic size" [3]
>> should be understood as the "CSS View Box" defined in the Images spec [4].
>> (The attachment, which contains a gradient with 'background-size: 60px',
>> illustrates that Gecko and WebKit follow this interpretation.) Is my
>> understanding correct?
>
> Should we be concerned about the naming ? 'View box' means something pretty
> specific in SVG.

I'm fine with a different name, if we can agree on one.  "CSS View
Box" was the best that Elika and I could come up with.  It's kinda a
viewport, in that it's the box that images render into, but not quite
a viewport, because it doesn't automatically clip the image to its
boundaries (whether or not to clip is a higher-level decision).