Re: [css3-flexbox] Trying out flex units again

On 4/02/2011 2:23 AM, Rob Crowther wrote:
> On 28/01/11 16:58, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> At this level, no. No browser has implemented multiline flexboxes so
>> far, despite them being in the older draft for some time, so I'm
>> considering them relatively low-value here.
>
> I think from the point of view of web designers it would be a high value
> feature, currently they either don't bother, or they resort to JS hacks,
> eg.:
>
> http://css-tricks.com/equal-height-blocks-in-rows/
>
> Though your suggested extensions for table layout would achieve the same
> results, it seems to me that it's something flexboxes ought to be able
> to do.
>
> Rob

Equal height columns can be done easier using background-size since a
percentage width can be given. I use this technique in the right column
here.

<http://css-class.com/test/>

I don't understand why an author would want equal height block in rows
since overflowing content would visually overlap other content.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/