Re: Lists tests

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> Dear CSS WG,
>
> I have a Christmas present for you: A set of tests for the
> internationalization related bits of the predefined counter styles in CSS
> Lists and Counters Module Level 3 spec, with results for support on the
> major desktop browsers, running under the new W3C Test Framework.
>
> Start here:
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html-css/list-style-type/results-list-style-type
>
> and follow the links to see the tests/results within the test framework.

Awesome, Richard!  Thanks for this!

Note that the predefined counter styles have moved into a separate
document at <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/>, so some of
your references may need to be updated.  The anchors are the same as
when they were listed in Lists 3.

Now, a few questions based on these results.  (If you can't answer
them, that's fine, but I suspect you're well-placed to get answers to
them.)

1. The current impls for hiragana and katakana "include ゐ and ゑ before
を and ん at the end of the basic sequence".  Which is correct - the
implementations or the spec?

2. Similar question for hiragana-iroha and katakana-iroha, as the spec
"includes a ん at the end that is not in the implementations".  Which
behavior is correct?

3. Similar question for afar, oromo, sidama, and tigre.

4. For Armenian, I've currently limited its range to 1-9999 because of
Issue 3, where I'm not certain whether the circumflex multiplies a
digit by 1k or 10k.  If I can get a definitive answer to that, I can
correct the Armenian styles to use a larger range.

5. For Hebrew, I explicitly changed the algorithm from what was stated
in the old 2003 draft, based on feedback from native Hebrew speakers,
to better match the numbering pattern typically used in lists (which
is different from what is used for other types of numbers,
apparently).  It is unsurprising that implementations have not yet
updated their algorithms.