Re: [css3-multicol] Clarification on column-fill

Robert wrote:

 > > > Not completely. This really needs to be replaced with a description of how
 > > > columns work with vertical breaking. We need to say that the UA should put
 > > > as much content from the columns element as it can before a vertical break,
 > > > using as many columns as fit in the available width. When all the content
 > > > fits before the break, then column-fill is consulted to determine whether
 > > > to balance or not, but when not all the content fits before the break
 > > > column-fill is irrelevant.
 > >
 > > Could you propose some text to this effect?
 >
 > Where should it go? I haven't kept track of how vertical breaking is being
 > specified.

The context is your proposal to replace this sentence:

  In paged media, this property will only have effect on the last page
  the multicol element appears on.

with something else. So, the replacement should go into the same place
and the change should be as small as possible.

Personally, I think the statement is correct and should remain, but I
may be convinced by a reworded replacement.

-h&kon