Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:47:51 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:15:33 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr.
>> <jackalmage@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> There is no ordering for properties to apply; they all apply at the
>>> same time.  Any behavior otherwise is a bug.
>>
>> I didn't mean to imply that there would be some non-zero time interval
>> in
>> which only one of them could be observed to apply.
>>
>> Another way of phrasing it would be... if 'display: none' is supposed to
>> keep transitions from starting, and a switch from state A to state B
>> involves a possible transition of some property, then at which state(s)
>> should 'display' be examined for the aforementioned rule?
>
> Right; I understood your meaning.  My point was that, if
> 'display:none' prevents a transition from starting, then it *always*
> prevents a transition from starting.  Having it as part of the start
> state should suppress everything, because the "is the element
> 'display:none' at this point?" check succeeds.

OK. I don't think that is obvious (that the check happens at the start
state), so I think the spec should be rather explicit about it.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA