Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:15:33 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> There is no ordering for properties to apply; they all apply at the
>> same time.  Any behavior otherwise is a bug.
>
> I didn't mean to imply that there would be some non-zero time interval in
> which only one of them could be observed to apply.
>
> Another way of phrasing it would be... if 'display: none' is supposed to
> keep transitions from starting, and a switch from state A to state B
> involves a possible transition of some property, then at which state(s)
> should 'display' be examined for the aforementioned rule?

Right; I understood your meaning.  My point was that, if
'display:none' prevents a transition from starting, then it *always*
prevents a transition from starting.  Having it as part of the start
state should suppress everything, because the "is the element
'display:none' at this point?" check succeeds.  There is no situation
where 'display' switches from the start-state to the end-state,
followed by 'margin' (or anything else) switching from the start-state
to the end-state.  There's just a big bag of properties that change at
the same time.