Text-selecting/highlighting content area or line box? (was [CSS 2.1] [Section 9.5.1] Vertical positioning of floating boxes)

Le Dim 12 septembre 2010 23:01, Alan Gresley a écrit :
> Gérard Talbot wrote:

GT>> 3- When text-selecting/highlighting a chunk of text (by dragging the
>> mouse), we are in fact hightlighting what exactly? I think we are
>> highlighting the content area; I think we are not highlighting the line
>> box. Am I wrong?
>

AG> You are highlighting line boxes. Sort of like when you hover line
> boxes and the mouse pointer changes from a cursor to a text (indicates
> text that may be selected. Often rendered as an I-beam.).

Alan,

In this testpage

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/c527-font-001.htm

when I text-select/highlight a chunk of text (by dragging the mouse), I
think we are highlighting (in reverse video) the content area if we are
using Firefox 8.0 or Opera 11.60 or Konqueror 4.7.3 (I will check other
browsers later). The vertical white gap between highlighted content area
is the leading (or top-half-leading of current line box plus
bottom-half-leading of previous line box) which is 9px in that page.

If we are using Chrome 15.0.874.121, then we are highlighting the content
area plus the top-half-leading of the line box plus the
bottom-half-leading of the previous line box. I reached such conclusion
after creating this testcase:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/line-height-bleed-003-GT.html

which is supposed to improve the

[RC6]