Re: [css3-multicol] splitting floats across column boundaries

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> Take a look at this file. It has a div floated left with six lines of text
> in a 2-column layout containing eight lines of text
>

> http://hg.csswg.org/test/raw-file/50587184a512/contributors/adobe/incoming/f
> loatLeftMulticolBreak.html
>
> In WebKit the columns are balanced by splitting the float in two. In Gecko
> and Opera the float remains intact and the columns are not balanced. Should
> I expect more interop here, or is this a vague area that css3-pagination is
> meant to resolve?

I think it should split. I don't know how to spec that, but it should be
specified.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us