Re: [css3-images] radial gradient syntax ED changed and immediately WD'd?

Le 01/12/11 10:13, Brian Manthos a écrit :

>  From the IRC log _http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/css/20111130_...
> I get the impression that Fantasai updated the syntax yet again, and it
> was immediately resolved to move the new syntax to WD with
> little-to-no-vetting of the changes after less than 24hr of the edit.
> Given that it took over a week – and significant time investment – to
> reach the ED syntax that was there before 11/29, and there was zero
> discussion on that syntax proposal prior to the 11/29 edit over a 3 week
> period .... isn’t it overly aggressive, or rather premature, to
> immediately kick that new edit to WD?
> I kind of feel like my time was wasted.
> I haven’t even seen the new proposed grammar but I am already suspect
> that it likely has issues given that it is being rushed. In previous
> “rushes” of this module, I’ve typically found at least 2 issues.
> I’ll try to review the 11/29 edits to the ED tomorrow or the next day,
> other work priorities allowing.

Fantasai updated the document following a resolution of the Group
during yesterday's conference call. We also resolved as WG to release
a new WD [1].
That said, a WD is only a WD, ie something we make public while an ED
is only a view of what's in the editing tool of the maintainer of the
document. A WD is still strictly experimental, subject to changes and
even more important something the Working Group releases to the public
as a request for comments.
So no worries here, your comments are logged, read, taken under account,
and you still have all opportunity to comment on the syntax.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Nov/0814.html

</Daniel>
--
W3C CSS Working Group, Co-chair