RE: [css3-selectors] [css4-selectors] [CSS21] pseudo grammar conflicts with BCP 47 (RFC4647) for :lang()

On Friday, August 26, 2011 2:50 PM Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Arron Eicholz wrote:
> >Yes you are correct we will need to add a * to the section of the
> >grammar that is within the FUNCTION. Though I am not a grammar expert,
> >I thought that \*? Would allow the possibility of adding a * to the
> >FUNCTION contents and also still allow you to provide an IDENT as well
> >when the situation is needed.
>
> Do you want to allow just :lang(*) or also :lang(en-*-US) or a variant of that? I
> would expect the former to be the same as not using :lang, which would
> make this not very useful on its own.

Actually I just want us to properly match what the RFC4647 says is valid for matching language identifiers. This would mean that :lang(*) would be valid but also :lang(en-*) or :lang(*-Latn) or even :lang(en-Latn-*) and other variants that possibly include a *.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz