From: www-style-request@w3.org [www-style-request@w3.org] on behalf of fantasai [fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:36 PM
To: Brian Manthos
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 201-08-17

On 08/18/2011 01:14 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> Unfortunately I find this more confusing rather than less confusing.
>
> To simplify...
>
> Assume:
> A. We have a module at WD.
> B. Some of the module is ready to be unprefixed.
> C. The rest of the module is not ready to be unprefixed.
>
> How do you get to...
>     1. The feature is in CR.
> ... for the features in B, while respecting the C constraint.

1. Strip the module of all features that are known unstable;
    push them to the next level or whatever.
2. Take all the features that are considered stable (or stable
    awaiting implementation feedback) to CR.

The key point is that the switch to CR is not dependent on
whether there are implementations. It's whether we're stuck
on waiting for implementations to making further progress.
If implementations are what's needed for further progress,
it goes to CR. That is what CR is for.

~fantasai