Re: background-print

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:
> For example, the user setting could have three alternatives:
>
>  1) do not print any background images
>  2) only print background images marked as important
>  3) always print background images

Are you intending that browsers default to (1) or (2)?

At least in Webkit, we're aiming for (2) (by default, print
backgrounds when the author requests).  However, I suspect there's
already a decent number of pages that use !important in 'background'
for some reason or another, and thus will end up printing backgrounds
somewhat randomly.