Re: background-print

On 08/11/2011 05:34 PM, Luke Macpherson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Tab Atkins Jr.<jackalmage@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 1. Make the property only apply to the root element.  This avoids the
>> overkill of having to track this per-element; internally you could
>> instead track this on the document or whatever.
>
> I think having this per-element instead of on the root element is more
> useful to authors.
> Eg. You're displaying a spreadsheet and you really want to make sure
> the bright red background color on cells highlighting the federal
> budget deficit gets printed.

This feature does a bunch of crazy heuristics that aren't very predictable,
and it only does that some of the time (depending on print settings). It's
not a predictable way to turn on or off backgrounds at print time.

If you're interested in print results coming out the way you want them to,
turn off these heuristics and design a sane print style sheet.

~fantasai