Re: [css3-ui] ID selectors as values of nav-{up,right,down,left} properties

On 12/08/11 6:46 AM, Eli Morris-Heft wrote:
> As an author, even if we are going to use the element(id) notation, I
> think it would be good to mark the id as an id instead of a keyword by
> saying element(#bar). It's visually distinctive and clearly marks a
> different kind of value.

In which case I'm not sure why we wouldn't just use url(#bar), with a
restriction saying that it must be same document.

element() has the additional functionality of being able to use the CSS
element map.  I'm not sure how useful that would be for the nav-*
properties.  (Could be.)