Re: [css3-images] Resolving on gradient issues

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2011, at 10:04 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (Btw, you can change the gradients in Lea's example there.  If you do,
>> you'll see that the repeating-radial lets you omit a few color stops
>> that you'd have to specify if it was a normal radial.)
>
> I changed the color of each stop, and each one was only there once per tile. I'm not exactly sure why it is repeating, but it seems the stops that repeat are all clipped anyway.

Ooh, I see.  The stops do in fact repeat, but for the ones that do
repeat within the bounds of the image, their first occurrence is
covered up by the polka-dot gradient.  You could indeed replace it
with a normal radial gradient if you just shift the first three stops
to the end instead.