RE: magic corner gradient revisited

I think it's a reasonable argument to say (versus the Feb WD) "while we're changing the coordinate system so that 0deg is up and changing the keyword syntax such that it's a direction as well, it's reasonable to change the default to 'to top'".

I agree with Florian that aligning with 0deg is a better initial value, and with Brad that now's the time to change it if we ever want to.