Re: magic corner gradient revisited

Brian,

Thanks, but I lost the track of the discussion and ain't sure what your
phrase meant to express.

But please let me note that I'm in favour of not changing the current
behaviour of corner gradients, because of two reasons.

First, the current spec is already implemented in many platforms and this
feature might be already in use by the platforms (like Mozilla) internally
and/or externally. Changing this behaviour may cause either a big
incompatibility between versions of these platforms, or introduce a lot of
complexity to the platform just to keep the new ones compatible.

Second, we should respect that "connecting corners" has a well-defined
meaning for (professional) designers, thus changing the current behaviour
will be confusing for them in some degree, and probably more important,
inconsistent with some graphic applications.

The later is why I proposed introducing a new keyword for this matter in the
first place.

-Behnam

--
    '     بهنام اسفهبد