RE: first IE10 preview available, with multicol, flexbox and grid

Good observations. There is a reason it takes time to create good, consistent specifications... In this you see standards in broad range of maturity, and being edited by multiple competing companies.

I know some people wish that Microsoft would just tell everybody what to do, but have different beliefs. It is us (including you) who will together make sure that the emerging standards are consistent and, as you say, harmonious. It does take longer to reach a consensus, but I don't know of a better way to get there...

Alex