Re: [css3-regions] region breaks

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> If region breaks should define new values for ‘break-xxx’ properties:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-multicol/#column-breaks instead of adding
> separate properties.
>
> I am not sure there is a new kind of break though. Shouldn’t page breaks
> consider each region a “page”? If not, and behavior of page break is somehow
> different from region break, what is the difference? Is page bigger or
> smaller than a region? If there is a page break within a region, what does
> it do?

Theoretically, you can have both page breaks within a region (if the
region is just defined with too much height) and region breaks within
a page (the assumed normal default).  I guess that makes it a new kind
of break.  It should indeed work in the same framework as page and
column breaks currently do, though, by hooking into the break-*
properties.  It would just require a slight rewrite of the 'auto' and
'avoid' values to reference region breaks, and the addition of
'region' and 'avoid-region' values to complement the existing ones.

What happens if one region is on page 1 and a connected region is on
page 2?  Is that both a region and a page break?