[CSS2.1] escapes and parsing was(Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-04-06)

On 7/04/2011 5:19 AM, fantasai wrote:

> <ChrisL> there was a mention on wg list of a couple new tests, not in
> test suite?
> glazou: Top of the hour
> glazou: [something about tests from Alan Gresley]
>
> Meeting closed.

These are many test cases involving many aspects of CSS2.1. A lot are
regarding Syntax and basic data types.

I have now put all of my test cases with escapes into a harness which
imports each individual test in an iframe (this should make it easy to
peruse).

http://css-class.com/test/css/parsing/escapes.htm

This harness should allow those is the CSS WG, browser implementers or
other interested parties to view them at their leisure and avoid the
need to check the source for each test case.

I'm still working on the individual test cases. Some of these test cases
have "this <element> should have a ? background." I not sure what is
happening in such test. There is a bit of repetition and I'm not sure if
all are necessary in the CSS2.1 testsuite.

Some are missing asserts. Some are linking to the wrong part of the
spec. Some have wrong titles. Some have improper indicators for correct
parsing (ie. '#\\' and '.\\' for escapes-081). Some need to be renamed
(ie. as escaped-indent etc.).

I presume some need flags but then I still have trouble knowing what is
invalid or malformed.

I am still needing to learn or understand the below grammar in Syntax
and basic data types. The further down it is here, the less I follow.

stylesheet  : [ CDO | CDC | S | statement ]*;
statement   : ruleset | at-rule;
at-rule     : ATKEYWORD S* any* [ block | ';' S* ];
block       : '{' S* [ any | block | ATKEYWORD S* | ';' S* ]* '}' S*;

ident 	[-]?{nmstart}{nmchar}*

IDENT 	{ident}

--
Alan http://css-class.com/