Re: [CSS 2.1] [Section 10.3.x] Testcases where percentage intrinsic width cannot be resolved

Le Ven 24 septembre 2010 8:24, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 9/24/10 2:43 AM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> Right now, Chrome 6.0.472.62 render this testcase differently from
>> Firefox
>> 3.6.10 and from Opera 10.62. I do not see anything in the spec which can
>> decisively state which rendering is correct. I even think that such
>> testcase should be removed as it could be rendered both ways (depending
>> on
>> algorithm chosen). Am I wrong?
>
> I believe the spec explicitly states that the rendering of this testcase
> is undefined....  (section 10.2 last paragraph under <percentage>, plus
> the complete lack of any useful definition of shrink-to-fit sizing).
> It's an interop problem that the renderings differ, of course.
>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/html4/block-replaced-width-007.htm
>  >
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/html4/float-replaced-width-012.htm
>  >
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100917/html4/absolute-replaced-width-007.htm
>
> Same thing.
>
>> Spec quotes:
>
> The HTML4 spec is irrelevant here.  Note that the percentage here is NOT
> a percentage intrinsic width.  It's just a percentage specified width.
> And section 10.2 says that even the computed value of width (forget the
> used value) is undefined in this case...
>
> -Boris

Thank you Boris. That makes 15 testcases in section 10.3.x of CSS 2.1 test
suite RC1 which should be removed then.

regards, Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC1 (September 17th 2010)

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite