RE: [css3-values] dropping min()/max() on calc()

Thanks !

This one, I definitely understand.

> * Another use-cases :
> -------------------------------------
>
> // Calculating the width of a 'progress' element dynamicly
>
> width: calc(100% * (attr(value) - attr(min)) / (attr(max) - attr(min))

The calc()/attr() combo is a cool idea.

> // Ensuring a fixed element will be visible
>
> position: fixed;
> height: 25px; width: 300px;
> top: calc(min(500px, 1vh-25px));
> left: calc(min(30px, 1wh-300px));

Except for the min(), conceptually similar to your first use-case.

> // Emulate the behavior of a "DesignMode" element having a minimal
> // height to be able to click into it. Could be done using min-width.
>
> height: calc(max(1.2em, 23px));

Yes, I think min-height works too here.

> // Do computation on variables (in this sample, we could work-around
> // using the CSS box-sizing property, but we may use that in another
> // context, where this property is not appliable)
>
> @variables {
>    Padding: 5px;
>    Border: 2px;
>    InnerWidth: 200px;
>    CssBoxModelWidth: calc(InnerWidth - 2*Padding - 2*Border);
> }

Yes calc() and variables is interesting but I am not considering
scenarios that depend on features for which we don't even have a module...
I'm especially interested in the use-cases enabled by calc() that would
benefit a CSS2.1 browser.