Re: [css-style-attr] SVG WG comments on CSS Styling Attributes Level 1

* Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>This is from a previous version of the spec though. Where is the
>equivalent in the current draft ?

None of the SVG Recommendations modify the text/css media type in a way
that makes using scientific notation conforming in such resources. As I
understand it http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-SVG11-20100622/ is the latest
relevant draft, but that to me is a proposal and has no influence on the
question whether scientific notation was ever allowed in text/css style
sheets.

>I am trying to figure out whether SVG explicitly or implicitly allows the
>e notation in stylesheets or in the style attribute. Thus far it seems
>that's not the case, at the cost of obvious discontinuities for authors,
>tools and UAs alike since attribute values support it.

As far as text/css resources go, which indirectly includes the style
attribute in SVG documents, this has never been defined as conforming
in a W3C Recommendation (as noted, presentation attributes, the DOM and
SMIL complicate matters a bit, but as far as writing something like
"opacity: 1e0" is concerned, that has never been allowed).